Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the unseen seat.

The train arrived, the doors opened.
I stepped in.

I made my way to the corner and stared out of the window; not noticing the still and frail being that stood in the middle of the walkway, holding tightly to the cold metal bar for support with a stick in one hand. I saw the empty seats, but ignored them.

Soon after, I heard a voice asking "Do you want to seat?" followed by another voice "I don't mind, thank you". I turned around only to notice that the still being was a disabled as he had eyes with no vision.

I thank God for being able to see and for being able to notice the empty seats and for having the option on whether or not I would like to occupy them. But the disabled would have no choice but to stand all the way through their journey if there were no one kind enough to help them find a seat.

No comments: