Thursday, October 14, 2010

Break.

Sometimes disappointment gives you the best surprises when you least expect it. Because every time an idea/plan pops up, you strive to do it well and to give it your all. I remember reading in David's book where he wrote that our intention to give it our all is the one variable that we can control. And I definitely undeniably without a doubt agree with him. Really, I can only give it my all but in every situation, no matter how hard you try or how much you sacrifice, there will be external factors. You just have to pray and hope that for every effort you put in, it will be worth it at the end of the day. And if other people aren't willing to lend a helping hand, forget it. There will still be a handful of them ever ready to lend theirs. And for that handful of them, I am truly grateful.

"The moment we focus on only part of our existence, we lose the big picture."
You know your intentions, you know what you want to do and you will be heading in that direction with or without some help.

5 comments:

Justine said...

I think I may need to re-read Chords of Strength soon for much-needed words of wisdom. Many good reminders and encouraging words in there. =) We need to Skype soon!!! But I think I can only do that next week when I get back from Texas. Text text! *hugs*

elisa. said...

Yea, me too. Too many encouraging words in there to be understood and remembered upon the first reading. Takes time to let those words sink into our soul. XD Yess, it feels like you've partially vanished from the virtual world. Haha I got your text this morning. Will show you the hoodies. :D But they aren't from an 'Aeropostale' shop. How long will you be in Texas? And when will you be back? Going alone? (: Take care and have fun!!!!!! :D :D And take pictures! *hugs* Also, eat more kay!

Justine said...

Thanks for posting the picture up so quickly! Hehe. Ah...so it's from like a departmental clothing shop wif lotsa other brands yea? :) Will be going to Texas for 5 days, 4 nights. Flying tomorrow! Yes, alone but my friend (from AAM) will be picking me up at the airport there. Hehe. I will take as many pictures as I can with my iPhone. >< No camera...adui. And I ate a lot today. O__O

elisa. said...

Ate a lot? Makan apa? I slept a lot today. :P Haha Wish I was there. =/ But I will be there one day. 5 days, 4 nights? So nicee.. :D Have fun! Yes please, take pictures.

Justine said...

Alamak I ate a lot again todayyy! Read the post on your Wall regarding what my friend made for me here in Texas. Hehe. Oh that day I had a very heavy breakfast of potatoes, beef sausages, eggs and French toast...and dinner they had pancakes and garlic bread so had those, too, along with two slices of fish...and some potatoes. O__O Then the Teriyaki Beef Yakisoba dried noodles for supper. T___T Wahlewww.

Wish a great deal that you were here, too. It's OK. Our good cousinly times will continue!!! :) Will take pictures. Happy weekend! *hugs*