Thursday, April 16, 2009

dear pocket.

I carry a cross in my pocket
A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian
No matter where I may be.

This little cross has no magic
Nor is it a good luck charm
It isn't meant to protect me
From every physical harm.

It's not for identification
For all the world to see
It's simply an understanding
Between my Savior and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket
To bring out a coin or a key
The cross is there to remind me
Of the price He paid for me.

It reminds me too, to be thankful
For my blessings day by day
And to strive to serve Him better
In all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder
Of the peace and comfort I share
With all who know my Master
And give themselves to His care.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket
Reminding no one but me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life
If only I'll let Him be.
--
Found this in the living room as soon as I came home from college. Really encouraging and inspiring, just wanted to share this with you all. (:

It's amazing how I read this on the right time, when things have been changing, with new feelings and experience starts pouring in and when other events seem to be happening one after another. And sometimes the sense of hopelessness when you feel like you really want to help someone, something and yet you feel so hopeless, you don't know where to start and you don't know how you can help. But you really don't want to see those people going through what they are going through. Also, this serves as a reminder that the cross will not only always be in my pocket, but will always be in my heart.

Good night.

No comments: