Friday, January 9, 2009

of different wavelenghts.

I've been thinking a lot lately, especially ever since I came back from the land down under. As a matter of fact, I really miss that place despite the three-home-sick-missing-some-people-week stay there. But because I get to wake up to a nice, breath-taking scene; I get to walk out to somewhere nearby anytime of the day as I wish; I get to just run down to the beach for a walk; I can just walk across for a cone of tasty ice-cream; I get to just catch a bus and head out somewhere by myself without the feeling of insecurities; I get to take in fresh, cooling air every now and then; I get to walk over to the dock and grab a shady spot to read my book, but there's still a certain part of me that feels incomplete. Which I guess, that's why I'm staying here. Truth be told, I came back with a heart full of anticipation, excitement and happiness. But, what has happened, has already happened. And I'm trying to cope with it.

It's been exactly a week since I started tertiary studies. Needless to say, I miss school and the people and my friends and the lessons and the teachers and the prefects and the after school times that we've always had so much fun with. Now, it's different. I wake up every morning with the knowledge that I won't be seeing my best friends in class, I won't be putting on that blue and white uniform everyday, I won't be seeing you, I won't this and I won't that. But, everyone has to grow up, right?

And the youth, I'm just glad it all happened. Whether is it a lesson for us to learn from our past mistakes, or it was just plain co-incidents, it doesn't matter much. What we have now, is way beyond what we used to have. And I have to thank God for all the times we had, whether is it good or bad; for all the laughter and tears; for all the prayers; for all the mended bonds and for everything else that we have.

Last night, when the family was talking, something got me thinking. If young people at my age can overcome broken bonds and settle every problem there is, why can't the adults achieve such a state of peace as well? It is very apparent that they are much more experienced, but I won't say matured, they have gone through the mill compared to us, they have also gone through the phase that we are going through now. But can't they behave more like an adult and settle everything once and for all? No need for the 'I don't friend you' moments and 'I don't like you because you talk bad about me' times where it just makes things worst. I'm not pin-pointing anyone in particular, but to me, it is what is happening now.

It's the 9th of January today, nine days since another year happened. I'm not one who makes new year resolutions every year, but this year, I think I just might have one. One that might remain for the next five years.

On a completely outdated note,
I sort of had the chance to accomplish half a long planned task with my cousin sister last Sunday. Sad to say, although we had the chance, the venue was just not quite right. Maybe this weekend, or maybe next, just as long as we get to it.

5 comments:

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

QUOTE FROM YOU "And the youth, I'm just glad it all happened."

Yes... and.. It all happened for reason... because God planned everything so that we can be A FAMILY..

lalala...

-Am I crapping? Just sien.....

elisa. said...

yea, it all happened for a reason. if not, i also don't know where would we be right now.

Justine said...

I might get to it...this Sunday. Hehe. Will contact you. :D Hope we can make accomplish the mission.

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

I think we will all just broken and just go our own way and thinking.. But God really GREAT.. He change us.. =)

elisa. said...

Justine:yea,i have to get my lit books as well.And also in desperate need of what I needed to get that Sunday. (:

Sherina:yes yes, thank God for that.