Friday, August 22, 2008

square boxes.

i asked a few of my friends to give me a word each. and for every word I'm gonna elaborate. pardon the randomness & the boredom.I know i should be burying my face in books by now.sorry,can't help! got to escape from the books. (:

ashman gave me cat. not a word i would expect from him. a cat? honestly, i thought he would give me counter strike. XD he knows why.back to the cat, i don't really particularly dislike them nor like them. when i think cats, i think ball of yarn. milky colour ball of yarn. i don't know why, but yea, i do. i know my youth leader loves them but not me. so anything cat related, i can just pass it to her, right? i prefer dolphins. (;

then gabriel gave me mate. when the word first appeared in my msn chat box, soul mate came to mind. there was a picture of a boy & a girl, holding hands; but they were stick figures in my imagination. actually, he meant 'mate', the one where Australians address they're friends. also something he caught while studying in down under for the past one year or so. the word mate, i can't think of anything else. except for soul mate and maid, the lady that does household chores.

sherina gave me the word elisa, which i can't seem to elaborate. (:
oh, i remember the oral test eden did together about HIV. ELISA is actually a blood test or some test related to HIV and Aids. and how nice, I would black out when i see blood.
and this is from wikipedia, since i can't bring myself to elaborate about myself.

Enzyme-Linked ImmunoSorbent Assay, also called ELISA, Enzyme ImmunoAssay or EIA, is a biochemical technique used mainly in immunology to detect the presence of an antibody or an antigen in a sample. The ELISA has been used as a diagnostic tool in medicine and plant pathology, as well as a quality control check in various industries. In simple terms, in ELISA an unknown amount of antigen is affixed to a surface, and then a specific antibody is washed over the surface so that it can bind to the antigen.

There are also types of ELISA. we have the "Indirect" ELISA, sandwich ELISA and the competitive ELISA. i wonder what's those all about.

never thought i was that complicated.

and someone have yet to reply my message, where are you, mister? (:

just like square boxes, this post is kinda boring.
even square boxes are more useful.

No comments: