Monday, September 8, 2008

yours,18 days later.

8.9.08

Ribbon-wrapped Post

Today, among several other days, is a special day of the year. It is the birthday of an awesome human being.

Said human being is the one who was my partner in child crimes; who remembered all my absurd childhood dreams and decided to tattle them at the wrong moment -now- but all is forgiven; who is both my confidant and confidee -if there is such a word; who plays a huge role in my wardrobe department; who sits beside me in just about every family dinner; who tolerates my quirks more patiently than most people do; who is the reason this blog exists in the first place; who I trust with my life. She is my cousin sister.

If there is one thing I envy about her, it's her big heart and warm personality. (OK, those are actually two.) After growing up with her for almost 17 years now, I can honestly say that she is good through and through. And that makes her as rare as the book I've been trying to locate for eons now. (I later discovered that it is not sold in the country. D'oh! But I digress.) I truly believe that she brings joy to the lives of the people around her, unbeknown to her. Exuding happiness almost all the time, her company is always a pleasure to have. I wish her the very best as she chases her dream to become a travel journalist or a chef.

(When you become either, I'll be your devoted reader or customer. I give you my word. Unless, of course, you become a poet. Then I'll try as arduously hard as I can to read them. Or if your restaurant is in France. Then I'll try to save up as much as I can by starving for a while and then flying over there for your food.)

Can I ask for a better cousin? No, I don't think I can. God has blessed me with one of the best.

Selamat Hari Jadi ke-17, Elisa!

I, er, uh, well, um, uh, love, er, well, you.

That was a choking hazard. You owe me one.

Just kidding.

(for pictures and the latter part of the post, please click here.)

-all written by her, the cousin.

and this is from me to you;

said human being plays a huge role in your wardrobe department? I'm glad to be, so could our next mission attempt be after spm, before college starts so you'll have a life-changing make over before you step into a new phase of life. make sure this time, nobody pulls out or runs away.and hopefully, it'll be the last attempt.so, after this we could really go for these kinda girly girly shopping together, deal? and you forgot to add something in, i found your deepest darkest biggest secret which is probably your stack of youknowwhat in your drawers. okay, that was just for us to know, isn't it? you said you trust your life with me, so don't worry, it's all save with me. i mean those little itsybitsy tiny details we share during our bonding time. yes, i remember them just like how i remember your bizzare childhood dreams, fantasies and thoughts. they are too priceless to lose.

speaking of which being a travel journalist and or a chef, i am still torn between so many choices & paths. let's say i be a travel journalist and you as a geologist, mind if we tag along each other's 'road trips'? or what if i turn out as a chef, wait, the chef word doesn't suit me. anyhow, if i do, you can have one of my secret recipes.Or maybe i shall just invent a whole new dish/recipe just for you which you will be able to cook them yourself when on the search for more Peking man, more oracle bones or perhaps an ET, elisa tan. just kidding! or maybe something simple with curry and lots of frying included. OR MAYBE i shall just make fried curry balls, it might taste out of the world, in a very good way.

I'll make sure you'll have the 5th copy of my book if ever i be a poet or a writer.

You too are a big big blessing to me, dearest cousin.

This isn't a chocking hazard now, me sayang you. XD
there you go, debt cleared.

I promise I'll drive you to mph if i ever get my license and a car before you do.
& of course our girly days out! with ivan tagging along? (:

yours, soon to come.

10 comments:

Justine said...

Ivan will cry! Haha. Fried curry balls? Ah-yum-yum-yum!!!!! Thanks for this. :)

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

so sweet both of u~~~

Justine said...

Sherina: Your post for her was very sweet, too. :)

elisa. said...

me so lucky! (:

i shall make one for each of you soon too.

elisa. said...

justine jian, ivan won't cry. i'll make him try on clothes and stuff, make him look smart then we equip him. then when girls fall for him, he'll thank his two wonderful cousins.(:

yess,fried curry balls-soon to come.

Justine said...

Dress in female clothes? Ok, just kidding! I'm still not over what happened yesterday. Aiyaya! Affected for life!

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

Yes, u r lucky... hehe.. but we are luckier to have u.. hehhhe...
Justine: thks.. I like those photos in your blog.. both of you look so cute.!! =)

Justine said...

Sherina: Haha. Thanks! I actually got them from Elisa in the first place. Got tons of others with the 2 of us, too. But too embarrassing. :D

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

how lucky u are having all here photo.. got naked ones?? haha.. just joking.. I want to see some of her baby photo...

elisa. said...

justine; yes.wait,no. masculine,cool,stylish outfits.make him a pretty boy. eh, no..handsome boy.haha yeaaa,so many more embarrassing photos especially those taken when we're alone,which is pretty much everytime we meet. xD

sherina;no no no,my baby photos are private & confidential. hehehe lalala~ i think justine have some of our embarrassing photos. but too embarrassing to share. (: