Saturday, October 25, 2008

simply because.

Father we ask of You this day, Come and heal our land
Knit our hearts together, That your glory may be seen in us
Then the world will know, That Jesus Christ is Lord

Let us be one voice, That glorifies Your name
Let us be one voice, Declaring that You reign
Let us be one voice, In love and harmony
And we pray, O God, grant us unity

Now is the time for you and I
To join our hearts in praise
That the name of Jesus
Will be lifted high above the earth
Then the world will know
That Jesus Christ is Lord

We sang this song during worship in cell group last night. And am I glad to say that this song spoke to me. Not only that, but also because it somehow was connected to the discussion we had. We learned about friends, to commit and to help them in times of need. Notice the words and lines in bold? Those are the words that spoke to me. They reminded me again that we're a family, a body and as cliché as it sounds, we're all in this together.

These words-us, we, our; they bind us together, they break down the walls between us. And oh Lord, knit our hearts together, that we may be close and bonded to bring glory to Your name, to praise You and worship You and to Love you with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.

And then we learned and discussed about friends. When you're in deep trouble, friends willingly be your hero's. But if they are unable to save you, they'll accompany you and get in trouble with you. (:

Indeed, yesterday night was not only a night of new hopes, new life lessons learned but also a brand new beginning. because all of a sudden, I felt the urge to apologize and say sorry for all that I've done and I'm more than happy because I did what I felt I needed to do and I'm going to forget about it. We had a prayer time for each other and thank You Lord, all glory and praises to You! Ended the night with the usual fellowship. ;)

boy, was the trip back home hilarious! Imagine two tall boys sitting on a space designated for one person. Yup, and then we took pictures whilst cramming ourselves like sardines-typical us!

Before I end this, this is a shoutout to the friends I've known and I have;

Every single one of you have been a great blessing in my life. Not only did you walk in and maybe out of my life, you've left footprints that I'll never get to erase. yes, my brain has this special memory stick that saves almost every of my friends but if the next time, perhaps 10 years later, if you come up to me and I don't seem to remember, please kindly remind me, will you? Don't worry, I'll try my very best to remember all of you. (:

Also thank you for every single moment of happiness, every drop of joy and every dash of love I've been blessed with.

to the youth; we're all in this together. may we be as close as we are and grow closer by the days.

to the best friends; you guys know too much, you'll always be best friends.

to the cousin who is also the blog buddy, camera buddy, pillow talk buddy, the second one who understands me the most besides the family; you're wonderful! I'm so blessed to have you as a little cousin sister. =)

and to the special friend; you're amazing! (:

7 comments:

sh3rina (^(@)^) said...

YES! A great time. SO different yesterday! Good times.

Justine said...

You say 'little cousin sister' like I'm five years old. Haha! And likewise. I am blessed to have you as a big cousin sister who is also all kinds of buddy to me, too. :D

elisa. said...

sherina: yeaa. after so long, it feels good all over again.

little cousin sister,
thank you. this is to all kinds of buddies for many years to come! a high 5 and a *insert moving jelly bean* ?

big cousin sister.

it sure feels like a 18 year old big sis to a 5 year old small sis. xDD you're not small, or are you?

Justine said...

18? Haha. All hail the dancing red jelly bean!!! ;)

P/S: I am not small. You know that. Haha.

Éruadan Ïndïlwèn said...

we really have to hand it to ying yi for that great sharing and the great prayer time after that.. =D

bi said...

aww... sweet.. ur posts are always so sweet...
arigato!!

elisa. said...

gab: yup..the topic was really uhm...like practical? (:

bibi: hehe thanks. and ur welcome!