Wednesday, October 15, 2008

wear me a trench coat.

of the tears, flashbacks and memories..

how much does it hurt to be a sentimentalist?

I was studying until a shiny rectangle box caught my attention. That box had always been there, right in the middle of my study table, against that milky colored wall. but I just hadn't got the interest to open it up and browse through it. Until today, that I laid aside my book and my pencil and carefully lifted the box off it's original place. I knew it's content, but I just had a feeling of going through it one by one, again.

Lying inside that box were all photographs of friends, family and mostly loved ones, from when i was a baby till now. I remember why I kept them aside, because those photos were precious ones. they were photos I wanted to keep them by my side. And so I did, I went through them one by one as my favourite songs played in the background. Then, I had this sudden urge of rereading my old diary.

It really surprises me on how much I've been through and the fact that I've forgotten almost all of it despite it happening just 2 years ago. And I must have been living in a fog that I totally didn't realise that I took someone for granted. someone, a close friend, a friend who was always watching out for me and tying to help me out when I was in times of need. now I understand why I was asked that question, that question which my answer was a total let down to that someone.

I didn't know that I would have changed so much, met more amazing people, fall for someone else, done things I never thought I would do and be a whole new me.

I must have a magic drawer because besides my old diary, my collection of Archie comics, my CD's, my knick-knacks and the likes, I still have space for my old notes from primary school. I'm pretty sure everybody or anybody would have long thrown away those little notes written by 'i don't care much 12 year olds', except for me. So, I went through them again, rereading them one by one.

Today must have been added with a heavy dose of curiosity because despite trying to catch up on my syllabus, I felt the need to look through pictures, diary and old notes.

And I'm glad to say, I feel good.

No comments: